Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Praise God! My camera is back in action! So, I've been looking forward to sharing with you an update of the last few weeks in pictures. :)

In May, Potter's Wheel, my home church, had a mother daughter tea which was hosted by the women's ministry. It was suggested that if we did not have a biological mother or daughter we could adopt one. I was blessed by adopting a teenager who is so precious to me and who is a single orphan. She was my "adoptive" daughter for the day and I was also "adopted" by a sweet friend who works at the men's Teen Challenge rehab center. It was a time of encouraging each other and coming together as women in the body of Christ.



my Canadian roomates & I

my adoptive daughter & I


At the end of May we went to pick up my friend Waheedah (from my home church in the States) from the Johannesburg airport. She is marrying a Swazi friend, Musa, from the ministry here in Swaziland. Many of us were anticipating her arrival and it's great to have her here with us now as they prepare for their wedding in September.

Musa & Waheedah - finally both in Swaziland!!!


On Saturday June 11th Potter's Wheel Church hosted a Fun Day for the orphan care center where I live and serve. All the cell groups of Potter's Wheel adopted one family from the children's homes at Hawane Farm. It was a day filled marked by seeing the body of Christ reach out to care for orphans and widows. Much fun, competition, and laughter was had by all!

The children opened us that morning with singing...


On Friday June 17h I had the honor of serving at The Great Ability Group, an outreach to people with disabilities from the rural areas. In Swaziland people with diabilities are often neglected, mistreated, and ignored. It's a joy to reach out to these precious people that most of society has forgotten. We pick them up from the community and bring them to Hawane Farm where they participate in praise & worship, prayer, physical therapy, fun, and free lunch. I was humbled and moved to participate in reaching out to those who God loves so much.


2 guests of the Great Ability Group & I

The Great Ability Group, Nurse Nokthula, & I

No comments: