Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Monday, July 18, 2005

Ok, I have made it to now, whatever now is. Anyways, I have been thinking about the concept of time. It remains controversial if time exists in Heaven, or if it exists in the same form we experience it here on Earth. Many believe God is outside of time and space, although He can operate inside of it. He does so in part to communicate to us. In a religion course I took last quarter at my secular university I had to answer an essay question about the purpose of time. Believing that God operates outside of time, I think God may use time as a form of communication to us, His creatures. He may desire for us to understand that we only have a limited amount of "time" here. It may be an obvious way for us to see that we were created to have a "time" here on Earth and then leave this behind for our eternal home. It may be neccessary for us to have this contraint in order to begin to understand God's bigger purpose. Also, God created all things, and they all have purposes. Time is not an excepion. Although we do not know the reasoning exactly, we must keep remembering that we truly only do have a limited amount of days on Earth as He has numbered our days and ordered our steps. Praise God that when our days our up we get to spend eternity with Him and loved ones in the Lord who have gone before us. I am sure they already got the party started for us up there. I can't wait!

No comments: