Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm back from Africa and here's some pics....

Swaziland Landscape
(I lived here! Beauty of surroundings contrasted by such disease,
poverty, and death among the people)



Christmas time in Africa
(nurse Jane from UK and I)



Beautiful children, orphaned, and living in hospital
(I miss them!!!)





Kids at an area homestead- excited to see a car!
(and therefore wanted their pic taken:)




Kids (orphaned) being cared for by the ministry I'm serving under


It's been AWHILE since I've posted updates. God has been at work in my life and many things have happened! Including:

- After much prayer I left my counseling position to pursue missions work in Africa - Went on a 5 month mission trip to Swaziland, Africa, arriving back to U.S. at the end of Jan. 09

- During my time in Swaziland, God confirmed His call for me to pursue long-term missions work so I began the application process through AG World Missions...

- Was approved & commissioned as a Missionary Associate through AGWM

- Attended pre-field orientation week in Springfield, MO, met some new friends, & enjoyed some of the area (recommended) resteraunts - including the spinach cheese dip @ Cheddars

- Applied, interviewed, & was accepted into Regent University's online Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program (yea! to begin August 09)

- Began public speaking about Africa at various churches, classes, and groups- raising my support team of friends who will support me financially & through prayer as I return to Africa

- In between all this I worked for the US Census Bureau, attended Ohio District Council in May, went to support-raising seminar in Indiana, organized and held various fund-raisers, traveled to FL to spend time w/ family, and took my chemical dependency counseling licensure exam in Columbus

Bottom line is I've seen God at work in so many ways through His divine provision, guidance, peace in the midst of trials, and wisdom to make important life decisions. I know that this life is short and want to use the days I'm given to make a difference. "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

The joy of the Lord is my strength and I look forward to what the future holds as I pursue His call to bring His love to the nations.

A beautiful teenage girl @ our Pink Princess Party :)
(teaching them they are created, valued, and loved by God)









































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: