Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Monday, August 08, 2005

I can't wait to go on vacation with the residents of the group home I work in (not to mention it will be wonderful to get paid 16 hrs out of every day we are there). It's just a trip to Gatlinburg, TN, but getting away sounds very good. I'm just gonna bring some books to read, a notebook to write in, my bathing suit for the jacuzzi of couse (can't wait), and cameras for pics of the staff and the girls. I am hoping we get to hike to the top of some mountain there in which case I will definately get pictures there. I am not sure what activities we will be doing with the girls, but I know we will have fun. They always make me laugh. After that trip I cannot wait to get away truly to go to Virginia Beach. I have been wanting to go to the ocean for like 2 summers now. I'm looking forward to getting that time to relax and think without deadlines which I know will be great to do before school starts and I am overloaded with reading and studying. I just want to get through this last quarter. It will mean so much to me to be finished with my bachelors, especially if I can finish this last quarter on the dean's list again. It's like a personal accomplishment that feels good even if it is what I expect of myself anyways. It is hard work, but it is worth it. I'm still praying about which grad school to go to, but that has been on the back burner. I just trust God will bring me to where He wants me to be. I don't worry about the future anymore. Thank God I don't. That was really not fun and I was always overwhelmed. I could never be ahead of the game enough. Now I am really trying to hang onto the truth that I should live in today, tomorrow has enough worries of its own. On that note I'll end this entry.

No comments: