Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Friday, August 26, 2005

I wanted to add that my pastor responded to an email I wrote him last week. In the email he said that he is so excited for what God is going to do in my life. He said that I have been through a painful loss and God will continue to give me day-by-day grace (which astounds me). He said that as I stay open to new ways that God wants me to grow, He will do Ephesians 3:20 kinds of things in my life. Of course, I immediately looked up Ephesians 3:20 and found (NIV)
Now to him who is able to do immeseasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever!
I am going to continue to study other translations of this verse. One more I will include for now. (The Message)
God can do anything, you know- far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. Glory to God in the church! Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus! Glory down all the generations! Glory through all millenia! Oh, yes!

I also wanted to add to the previous entry that when watching the sunrise I found mself realizing how huge God is... and how the sun does not come up every morning because God has it set on autopilot. Instead, He brings the sun out every morning to bring light to Earth! I just thought that was awesome. He is behind it all, the big and the small!

No comments: