Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Friday, August 19, 2005

I got home last night from the trip. It was a fun but exhausting trip. Overall, it was a very humbling experience... I prayed for God to use me on this trip to touch those around me and I know He was working through me. I say it was a humbling experience because helping individuals in need of assistance for basic living tasks such as eating, showering, and walking really enables you to see Christ in others. Helping those truly in need just seems to fit so perfectly into God's plan for us. Serving others is such an amazing thing. I really love it. It definately can wear you out easily however. I think that is why I am desparately in need of some time alone to just relax, read, and take it easy for awhile. I am trying to do that, but there is so much that needs to be done. I am scheduled to leave for another trip to Virginia Beach, but in order to do that I need to finish cleaning out my old house for my Dad. The money from that will help pay for my sister and I to have money for food and gas on the trip. There I am definately looking forward to getting some much needed reflection time. Time to just think, pray, and seek God and His plan for me. Right now I know I am just in the middle. I have come through so much only by His grace alone. He truly is my strength. I cannot imagine what I would have done when my boyfriend, my true best friend, moved to Heaven without Him. Only through Him have I been able to begin to come through this. My view on life, the new light I am able to see everything through amazes me. I know it is all from God alone. He is truly giving me the strength, courage, and hope to see Him through it all. I know He is there... He has always been there and will always be! That's so wonderfully comforting. He is more than enough for me. Speaking of that I love the song "Enough" that says "all of you is more than enough for all of me". How true that is. He is all I need.

No comments: