Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I've been busy, running around trying to finish cleaning out my old house which is taking longer than I expected. There's so many memories in that place, especially since it used to be my grandparents' home. I got to ride the new 4 wheeler on my Dad's property last night. I love that thing! It can go up to like 70mph, but 30mph feels extremely fast (which I love)! Anyways, I have church tonight for wednesday night service. They call it Access and it's a contemporary adult service that teaches the Word in practical, life-giving ways. I haven't always attended Wednesday nights, but whenever I do I am always so glad I showed up that night. I always leave getting so much out of it. God really uses my pastors to speak into our lives. We had been studying the book of Philemon in the Bible, but I think we are finished with that. It was a wonderful series on change (a changed attitude, changed perspective, a changed legacy). It really helped to see things in the big scheme of things. It seems like a difficult question to ask yourself "what will I leave as my legacy?". It's like will I even have one? I really hope I leave one... I want to make a mark on this world for God. I know there are so many hurting people out there and I want to get to as many of them as I can to bring the hope of Jesus. He brings me everything I need and more. I don't know what I would do without him. I love that song "Better is One Day" that goes on to say "better is one day in your courts than a thousand days elsewhere"... It's so true for me. One day knowing Jesus as my Savior, the light of my life, and the One who never fails me is better than a thousand days anywhere else! Knowing this to be true gives me such joy. Well, I know tonight will be an awesome service. Recently, the young people at my church (high-schoolers) have really been doing amazing things. They do these live dramas to music that basically preach the gospel in very relavant, current terms. They even take these skits/dances to the streets in inner cities around here! For example, one of the ones I saw had a group of teenagers drinking and smoking pot and then one guy finds Jesus and breaks away from the group and away from that lifestyle. Afterwards, he ends up convincing one of the girls to come with him. I don't know, but I do not that it really speaks to that age group. I think it is amazing that God is working through them in this way. I just found out today that for the trip to Gatlinburg next week with my work my boss is coming along with us. It should be totally fine though because she is really cool and not too much older than me. She's letting me test drive the 15-passenger van tomorrow so I don't get us into to too much trouble driving down there! lol My Mom has been really difficult to deal with lately. She's been having anger outbursts which annoy pretty much all of the rest of the family. I know it has to be difficult for her being a single mom of 5 kids. I try to understand. I wish I could help her more than I can. There's just so much she has to do on her own for herself that I cannot do anything about. I'm reading this book published in the 50s I think called Let Go and Let God. It's pretty good and gives me practical ways to let God be involved in all the areas of my life. I could always use more of that I know. I read a Max Lucado book not too long ago that was wonderful, A Heart Like Jesus. I hope to find time to read more of his books before school starts back up. Hmm maybe I can bring some on vacation with me... Well, I'll probably write more about how service goes tonight.

No comments: