Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Sunday, September 04, 2005

God is amazing. Just wanted to add in that we very well may be receiving a family into our home from New Orleans. Hurricane Katrina left so much destruction down there, and many of families are homeless. My Mom's church is taking a number of people into their gymnasium. We had been praying about how we can help, and it seems God is bringing the answer to our front door! I am excited, and although I do not know how this will exactly work (we have 5 kids plus my Mom and a cat living here) I know God will make a way. Any kind of shelter will be such a blessing for these people, and I know the funny part is that my Mom and I are just finishing the process of cleaning out all of our STUFF and were going to give it to my church's Compassion First Ministry. My Pastor had said that the summer clothes given would go down South to fill the need from the huricane, and the winter clothes would go to Romania. Now, however, we are keeping our clothes until we find out if the people who end up staying in our home would need them. I pray God uses our home and all of our resources to fill their needs. I know He is awesome, and I know He makes all things work together for good. I just wanted to add this exciting bit of info, and I'll close with an encouraging verse I just looked at...

Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. ~Matthew 6:33

No comments: