Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Monday, September 05, 2005

Today's been a busy day, and I unfortunately until just a few moments ago I was feeling pretty overwhelmed. I think the combination of trying to study, finish my grad school deadlines notebook, sort clothes, and celebrate my sister's birthday party kinda filled up my time. I guess it can be like a snowball effect when there is so many tasks in front of you, and so all you can do is think of more to add to it. Thoughts were going through my mind about the multiple things I had intended to complete this summer so that I would have more time for the application process for graduate schools for Christian counseling. It just goes to show that your plans just might not be God's plans for your life... For example, I had intended to have been finished with my bachelors degree in August which would have allowed me to have a couple months or so to concentrate on studying for the tests I have to take to get into any school. After Jeff moved to Heaven, however, I could not attend my classes this summer. I knew that would not be doable so I dropped those courses, and I later signed up for Fall quarter. Even that is only through putting it all in God's hands and telling Him that He is where my strength comes from. He gives me enough each day, and I know He will remain faithful in the days to come. That is the only reason I signed up for Fall quarter. I know He will be right there continually filling me with His strength, with His love, and with His grace. God definately has something else in mind. So, anyways after feeling a bit overloaded earlier I just took a few moments to relax and clear my mind. I felt God bring to my mind that He has indeed been faithful thus far in my life, and especially with the current trial I am facing. He has been more than faithful, and it continues to do nothing short of amaze me each and every day of my life. I know that without Him I would be more than a total mess of a person, trying to deal with death separating Jeff and I on my own. I cannot imagine even trying to venture down that road. Praise Him that He has never left my side and even now He is carrying me through this. If He is willing and able to do this now in my life I rest assured imagining what He can do with my school situation. I have a heavy course load this quarter and many obligations, including impending graduate school application deadlines at the end of this year. I am confident that as I place ALL of that into His hands He will do far more than I could ever imagine...

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth
give away
and the mountains quake with their surging.
~Psalm 46:1-3

No comments: