Remembering God's Promises On the Journey
Back to Africa

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I would normally be at Wednesday night service at church, but we did not have regular service tonight and I am finding myself getting to just sit and take a break. I think those are much needed. I have been reflecting on God's love and how He loves us too much to leave us where we are. It is so fulfilling that He wants us to continually grow in our relationship with Him. I find myself amazed at what God is doing in my life through His Word. I am about half way through my 180-day Bible tour (readings from the Bible that outlines all the main stories), and I know it cannot be put into words how much this has blessed me life and brought me closer to God. I find things reminding me of different Scripture verses, and the Holy Spirit bringing these verses to my mind has just been so powerful. In my Biblical Prophets and History class I am beginning to work on a paper about the Book of Zephaniah. In fact, I just made some copies at the campus library from some very helpful reference books. I am excited about writing the paper because I get to study God's Word and get course credit! How awesome is that? Sorry, lol I am just really thankful for the opportunity. I have been thinking and praying about my plans after I graduate in November. For the past year I have been assuming that I would apply to graduate schools for programs in clinical psychology, working towards getting licensed as a counselor. Well, God continues to change my plans for the future and I have been seriously considering going to graduate school foremost for a Master of Arts in Theology or Biblical Studies. From there I could go on for my Ph.D in Clinical Psychology. The Masters in Theology would enable me to get a firm foundation in the Bible before pursuing counseling. I desire to pursue God's will for my days here on Earth. I want to include another uplifiting song's lyrics which reminds me to live my life for an audience of one, God alone.

The Way I Was Made
by Chris Tomlin

Caught in the half-light, I�m caught alone
Waking up to the sunrise, and the radio
Feels like I'm tied up, what's holding me?
Juts praying today will be the day I go Free.

Chorus:
I want to live like there's no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one's around.
I want to sing like no one's listening.
Before I lay my body down

I want to give like I have plenty.
I want to love like I'm not afraid.
I want to be the man I was meant to be.
I want to be the way I was made.

Made in Your likeness, made in Your hands.
Made to discover who You are and who I am
All I've forgotten help me to find.
All that You've promised let it be in my life.

No comments: